Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fastest. Six months. Ever.

In 5 days, my baby will be six months old. That's like half a year! It's been the fastest six months probably of my entire life. The days pass so quickly and sometimes I look back at bedtime and ask myself "what did I do today?" Especially on those days when the laundry doesn't get folded, or the kitchen tidied up... What did I actually accomplish today?

Well, over the past six months I've brought a new person into the world.  I've managed to keep that person alive for half a year! Along with Mike, I've watched him grow and change and start to become an individual. I've seen him smile for the first time, heard his laugh. I've wiped his tears, his face, his bum and everything in between. I've been peed on and puked on (countless times) thankfully not pooped on yet. I've seen the look of pride on his face when he rolled over for the first time, or when he sat up and reached for a toy. I've laughed with him, cried with him and occasionally screamed with him.

Yes, my house is often a bit messy; we're "clutter-bugs". But I know that my son feels loved. He knows that if he cries, I'll be there. He will know that I will be willing to play, sing, laugh, cry, teach and learn with him. He's changing every day and I want to be there to appreciate it. I can't imagine anything more important in this world!

Mommy loves you Thom!

No comments:

Post a Comment